Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Paragliding

Check one more thing off the bucket list! Paragliding is awesome!! Iquique, apparently, has the best paragliding in South America. Reason why? Because you jump off the most enormous sand dune/mountain I've ever seen and soar over the entire city until landing peacefully on the beach.

The cliff we jumped off
My tandem buddy, Patricio, told me that we shouldn't be nervous as he likes to go paragliding when he is stressed out to relax. I quickly understood why after overcoming the initial nervousness of LITERALLY RUNNING OFF THE SIDE OF A CLIFF. Once I was sitting in what seems like a swing floating above the city, I was completely relaxed. All the nerves I've been feeling lately about quitting my job, moving to the UK, and going back to school flew out of my head as quickly as the vomit that came out of Jackie midair. Poor thing started getting a little nauseous half way through the flight and gave her tandem partner a little spray of fun in his face. Luckily, Erica and I avoided the motion sickness and landed on the beach stoked on life ready for the next time we have the chance to "parapente" again. SO FUN!!

Colonial Baquedano Street
After we went paragliding, we enjoyed a great seafood lunch at El Wagón. I really am going to miss Chilean fish when I leave this place. We then strolled around the colonial looking Baquedano street before heading to the airport.

Once I have figured out how to make stills out of the video footage from the day, I will post pics. Check back soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment