Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bali

After ten days of athletic activities in Laos, including trekking, ziplining, rockclimbing, kayaking and more, I needed some R&R. Bali delivered! Finding a restaurant on my first night that had queso lured me to TJ's for dinner. It wasn't the queso from El Paso Country Club, but it wasn't bad for Indonesia! I woke up early the next day to travel across the island to Tulamben to dive the USS Liberty shipwreck.

I'd never had the chance to dive a wreck before, so it was pretty cool. The boat was a US Marine ship sunk by a Japanese submarine in 1943. It was pretty broken up in the original blast that sunk it, and over the past fifty years has moved a bit due to a volcanic eruption, but you could still make out parts of the ship, the anchor, some ladders and other boat stuff. The coral that has grown on it makes it a really popular hangout for fish and turtles too.

I spent the rest of my time in Bali basically laying on the beach, hanging at the gorgeous pool at The Stones in Legian and pretending I was on my own honeymoon with myself. I even ordered room service and stayed in bed watching movies one night. I wandered around Seminyak and browsed the shops there, but there is no room in my backpack for anything else. The shopping really looked great though!



No comments:

Post a Comment