Saturday, January 21, 2012

Farmer's Market

I just got back from the little "farmer's market" on the corner of my street where they sell the freshest produce for practically nothing. Honestly, one of the best things about Chile is their produce. It is unbelievably cheap! This place is almost giving it away! Here's my receipt:

For those of you who don't speak spanish (or even those of you who don't speak Chilean spanish because they seem to have different words for a lot of vegetables), this is what I bought:

5 Bananas
2 Haas avocados
1 Red Pepper
.47 kg Green Grapes
3 Nectarines
4 Apricots
.19 kg Cherries
1 Green Pepper
1 White Onion
1 Head of Iceberg Lettuce

TOTAL COST: 3,790 CLP or $7.41 USD

It doesn't even matter if I can't eat it all this week, because it's so cheap! I bought a blender last weekend, so I am excited to make myself a smoothie and a salad. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment