Tuesday, January 10, 2012

South America Bucket List

In the spirit of New Year's Resolutions, rather than making any goals this year based on false hopes that I may lose 5 kg, drink less wine, or become president, I have decided to focus my attention on achievable, yet spectacular disaderatums. My aspiration for 2012 is to check off each item on my "South America Bucket List." Financial circumstances and vacation days providing, I have high hopes that I will be more successful on this New Year's Reso than past attempts to pay off my credit card debt or donate more to charity.

And now....for the Bucket List:

1. Snorkle with giant sea turtles in the Galapagos Islands (Ecuador)
2. Bike around Easter Island on Easter looking at the famous moai (Chile)
3. Hike the Incan ruins of Macchu Picchu (Peru)
4. Scale the peaks of Torres del Paine in the Patagonia (Chile)
5. Sandboard in the dunes at San Pedro de Atacama (Chile)
6. Play with penguins on Chilóe Island (Chile)
7. Learn to tango in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
8. Sunbathe with bikini-clad Brazilians in Rio de Janero (Brazil)
9. Go wine-tasting in Mendoza (Argentina)
10. Ski the Andes in Valle Nevado (Chile)
11. Cultivate my knowledge of the indigenous peoples of Copacabana on Lake Titicaca (Bolivia)
12. Find peace and tranquility at Iguazú Falls (Argentina)
13. Photograph jaguars on a safari in The Pantanal (Brazil)
14. Visit the port of Valparaiso (Chile)
15. Relax with South America's elite in Punte del Este (Uruguay)

I am cutting my list off at 15, because I don't make enough money to add anything else to it. As it currently stands, I will have to go somewhere approximately every three weeks in order to complete my Bucket List. I've already got tickets to #2, and an itinerary is in the making for #1 and #3. I better start planning if I am going to make it down to 15 before the end of the world in December.

2 comments: