Saturday, March 3, 2012

Último fin de semana en la playa


View from our apartment window
In Chilean fashion, everyone tends to do the same exact thing at the same exact thing. This is not limited to going to the bank at 9 am, shopping on the first weekend of the month, or withdrawing cash on the first day of the month (I went to 4 ATMs this week before finding one that still had money in it!). The trend includes going to the beach during the month of February. Officially, summer is considered over on February 28th (or 29th this year). I guess that means we are bending the rules a little, but it's still hot so the Santiaguinos are still vacating the hustle and bustle of city life and escaping to the beach.

Enjoying breakfast aat Kaffeklatsh, a cute little German restaurant on the water
My friends, Jackie, Jen, Marga, and Perla, and I decided to follow the Chileans to Reñaca this weekend o soak up the sun one more time. We rented an apartment up on a cliff overlooking the ocean in a great building with three pools including one that has a bar in it a la Mexico. To get to the beach from our post above the sea, there is a funicular to carry you down/up. 


Reñaca sunset



This morning, we accidentally got into a broken funicular which could have ended poorly, however a funny little man came to our rescue and we were soon sitting by the water enjoying a pitcher of beer and delicious empanadas. After lunch we headed to the beach for the last sun damage until next summer. Dinner resulted in some bad table wine and pisco sour at a restaurant called Pacifico that I will never return to, but we had a great day aside from a few bones in my congor eel.



Jen and I at dinner

1 comment:

  1. Omg! I didn't know I was on your blog! I'm a star :) Thanks, Cameron

    ReplyDelete