Friday, May 18, 2012

Bad luck :(

I'm gonna have to do some backwards blogging given recent events. I wrote a blog each day in the Galapagos last week sharing stories about swimming with penguins and sea lions. Since our boat was charging a hefty $36/ten minutes on the Internet, the entries were saved on my iPad ready-to-publish as soon as I returned to the real world. The "real world" certainly hit me in the face when I got home. Not 24 hours after I returned to Santiago, some greedy ladron (or burglar in Spanish) broke into my apartment and stole my iPad containing said posts, along with the BRAND NEW CAMERA that I bought for our Machu Picchu trip and used to take so many amazing pictures, my computer, beloved Louis Vuitton tote and so much more.

Stuff is...just stuff. The jerks stole a little bit of my enthusiasm about Chile, all the trust I had in my concierges and my post-vacation glow. These things happen anywhere though, so all you can do is smile and be glad that worse things didn't happen. Snickers is the only one that really knows what happened, and perhaps the police can find out more, but at least my kitty is safe and I wasn't home!

No comments:

Post a Comment