Saturday, May 5, 2012

Lima, Peru

As some of you know, this week is the Beckham family trip to South America. I flew to Lima on Monday night to meet up with my brother (Trey), and my mom and dad. We spend the next day dining at La Rosa Nautical for lunch followed by a tour of the Larco Museum and Iglesia Santo Domingo in the old city center near the plaza where the main Peruvian government buildings are found. As it was May 1, or Dia del Trabajador as they call it in Peru, many of the other sightseeing spots were closed for the day. Fortunately, we had enough to do in order to fill our day before meeting my friends Jackie and Eduardo for drinks at the hotel. It was nice for my family to get a chance to meet some of the people I have become friends with in Santiago.

After enjoying a couple of pisco sours , we went to dinner at Astrid y Gaston (see my Valentines Day entry for the love story behind the real Astrid and Gaston). The restaurateur is famous all over South America, and especially Peru, as he is Peruvian. We were offered complementary champagne with dinner in celebration of the restaurant's nomination as one of the best 35 restaurants in the world. Our food was excellent. They have my vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment