Monday, October 10, 2011

Well...this is it! Snickers and I are all packed up and on our way to Chile. I was reflecting yesterday on my impending adventure and realized that I am actually one of those people that is lucky enough to follow their dreams. Although most people see what I am doing as crazy, to me, workin abroad in a Spanish-speaking country has been a goal of mine for as long as I can remember. I feel like I should be scared and nervous but instead have been overcome by an overwhelming sense of calm and serenity. Perhaps those feelings are the result of the reality of how right this experience is for me.

The traveling-with-cat experience has been relatively seamless thus far.  The woman on my flight from LA to Atlanta was clearly a cat lover. Sneeks started getting a little noisy about 3 hours in, so I decided it was time for a dose (of kitty Ambien) #2. Nice old lady next to me actually offered to help and stuck the syringe down Snicky's throat while I held her down. It seems like that dose has served her well because I'm now on the flight (9:15 hour flight) from Atlanta to Santiago and haven't heard a single meow since. We can only hope that stays the same for the rest of the flight because the Japanese man sitting next to me still hasn't realized I'm traveling with my furry little friend. I'm such a cat lady...so weird.

Kitty dosing schedule:

10/9 9:30 AM   - 1st dose -   I missed her mouth...fail!
10/9 9:32 AM   - 2nd dose -  Laila pinned her down. Success!
10/9 7:00 PM    - 3rd dose -  Getting noisy en route to Atlanta. Good thing the old lady next to me likes cats.
10/10 5:35 AM - 4th dose -  I'm getting the strangest looks from the Japanese man.

Stay tuned for a recap of my day 1 adventures. After a 15 hour day of traveling, followed by a condensed tour of Santiago, I'm off to bed. Long day tomorrow! I've got to be at Deloitte at 10 AM to meet with HR. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. 10/10 5:35 AM - 4th dose - I'm getting the strangest looks from the Japanese man.
    HAHAHAHAHA

    Cracking up at my house. I'm SOO glad you made it safely!! Everything sounds amazing! I will stay tuned and very jealous of your new life down in Chile! Hope esnickers is adjusting too :)

    - sarita

    ReplyDelete