Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Chilean Sea Bass

I finally found it! Amazing Chilean Sea Bass. Depending on how well you know me, you may or may not be aware of my aversion to hoofed animals and consequential love for anything that swims. After eating Chilean Sea bass in the US for so many years, I was really excited about the potential diet that I was going to live off of in Chile. Sadly, I didn't realize that Chile exports the majority of this delicious little swimmer up north to the US. My search for chilean sea bass started on my first day here, when I think I could have eaten something similar at a Peruvian restaurant. It was not anything like the delicious morsels that entered my mouth on Friday night, however. Some friends and I went to dinner at a place called Ox in Vitacura. Anyone who visits me will likely have a chance to go there, because it was AMAZING, and definitely somewhere I would like to take guests to show off the quality steaks (supposedly) and seafood (confirmed) that Chile has to offer. After dining on sea bass atop a bed of truffle mashed potatoes, our waiter brought out an enormous serving of cotton candy! I thought only chi-chi restaurants in Los Angeles had caught onto the gourmet carnival food trend, but apparently I was mistaken. By this point in the meal, the numerous bottles of delicious Chilean wine had influenced our previously classy (okay, that's probably a stretch) behavior. In honor of the month of "Movember" we each fashioned personal mustaches out of the remaining cotton candy.



The night carried on to a night club in Vitacura for some dancing and "tragos" until the wee hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment