Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stray of the Day

I never knew how many stray dogs a city could have...until I moved to Santiago. If any of you have ever been to Athens, you may recall the odorous streets, buildings graffitied beyond recognition, immense amounts of Ouzo (if your experience was anything like mine), but most imporantly, the stray dogs. This detail is more prominent in my memory of Athens than visiting the Parthenon. My memories of those dogs have been erased in the past month, however, as a result of the abundant amount of dogs I encounter daily on my walk to work. Apparently, the Chilean government does not have a system for spaying stray animals. As a result, furry (or more often, mangy) little pups are literally littering the streets - pun intended. I thought it would be fun to share my "stray of the day" with you all so that you too can enjoy the puppy love all over Santiago.

Stray #1 - Alfalfa

1 comment:

  1. That's a cute stray! I am now a foster for Austin Boxer Rescue, so I have a mangy dog for now, but he's so cute! Glad things seem like they are going well!!

    -sarita

    ReplyDelete