Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving in Chile

...might as well be any old Monday. Don't Chileans have anything to be thankful for? Nobody seemed to understand my lack of focus, appetite for turkey or desire to be in front of a TV watching football at work today. I had to settle for chicken breast and fries at lunch instead of turkey and stuffing. Fortunately, good 'ol California Cantina is having a Thanksgiving Dinner tonight complete with sweet potato casserole, turkey and pumpkin pie! I don't know how I would survive without. Although I am thankful for the experience I am having in Chile (duh!), I must admit that today, I would rather be elsewhere. Holidays like Thanksgiving should be spent with family and friends...not in the office with your coworkers. I am going to have to come home for the 4th of July, I think. Sitting in the office in the dead of winter on American Independence Day quite possibly sounds like the most depressing holiday in the world. Then again, Thanksgiving in the middle of summer is quite odd too. It is 82° right now - and it's 7 PM!

I hope you all enjoyed your turkey and have a fabulous 4 day weekend. Gobble Gobble!

1 comment: